I never was really into anything pumpkin, but I gave pumpkin pie another go and to my own surprise I actually enjoyed it! Since that day on I joined the cool kids crowd and wanted to indulge in anything (well.. not everything) pumpkin flavored. My oldest son really loves marshmallows and asked me for some so instead of giving him a handful of ‘mallows I decided to make Rice Krispie treats. Not just the “normal” melted butter, puffed cereal, and marshmallows.. no.no.no Trying to stick with the new season I wanted to make these pumpkin flavored.
I found this recipe browsing Pinterest.
- 3 tbsp of butter or margarine
- 5 cups of mini marshmallows
- 6 cups of Rice Krispies cereal
- 1/2 cup of pumpkin puree
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice (you can add more if you’d like to get the pumpkin flavor to your liking. I did add an extra sprinkle)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1. You will need a large pot. Throw in 3 tbsp of butter and let that melt
2. After your butter is melted (make sure not to burn it!) place your 5 cups of mini marshmallows in
3. Toss in your pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spices / cinnamon
4. Add the cereal and mix everything together making sure all the cereal is coated
5. In a pan/dish lightly coated with butter, lined with parchment paper, or lightly sprayed with cooking spray.. evenly spread out your krispies and flatten it all out
6. Let cool and then cut into squares
You really need to give these treats a try and once you do, you’ll understand.. if fall had a flavor THIS is what it would taste like.