HELLO! Excuse all the caps but I have not updated my blog in FOR-EV-ER.
Why? Well, I don’t even know where to begin. If it’s not one thing it’s another, right? So, I’ll just leave it at I am back in action and plan on updating much more. I have tons to blog about and can’t wait to share.
Let’s begin!! Shall we?!
My kids and I love pita chips, whenever we crave them I just pick up a bag at the store & call it a day! How boring. Usually they lack in flavor, not even crunchy, and overall just not the best. One day we had a bunch of hummus and just my luck the bag of pita chips I had were all stale.. Gross! I did have a pack of pita bread in my pantry so I decided to make my own, we all loved it and I plan on making these again.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp of ground cumin
- Pack of pita bread (You can use pita pockets as well, just cut them up)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees
- Cut your pita bread into wedges (Or triangles.. whatever you want)
- On a baking sheet using a cooking brush (Or you can use cooking spray or even just drizzling the oil) spread some olive oil on both sides of the pita wedges
- Sprinkle on the cumin, salt, and finish off with cracked pepper
- Bake in the oven for about 8-10 minutes
- Allow to cool before eating
These pita chips have just the right amount of zing from the cumin! Feel free to add as much or as little as you’d like. I can’t wait to experiment and mix up different spices.. you never know what you’re gonna get but with these chip, you can’t go wrong! Enjoy