Whenever I have extra sweet potatoes hanging around my kitchen I try to think of as many different ways I can use them up. Fries? Sweet potato mash? Baked? Then it dawned on me! Hash. I gave it a go and this is what I came up with.
1 large sweet potato (diced into cubes or rounds)
1 tsp olive oil
1/2 of a white onion
1/2 bell pepper
Salt & pepper to taste
1. Heat oil in a non stick pan over medium heat.
2. Toss in the onion and allow to brown.
3. Add in sweet potato with a pinch of salt.
4. Let the sweet potato cook a bit and in about 2 minutes flip them over and leave alone again for another 2 minutes.
5. Throw in the bell pepper and let brown a bit.
6. Keep everything moving and don’t let anything stick to the pan. I added a little water and put a cover on the pan and let cook for a few minutes.
7. When the sweet potato is soft enough to your liking, shut the heat off and let sit. (I added water twice just cause the potato was somewhat hard still.)
8. Sprinkle fresh cracked black pepper
I added 1 over easy egg on top of my sweet potato hash and it was awesome!