Nobody wants to use dirty makeup brushes on their face! Imagine all the little bacteria just ready to pounce on your clean skin? Ew. Also makeup brushes aren’t exactly cheap (the good ones aren’t at least) so you should be doing your best to keep them in good condition, so they can last longer and you can get your money’s worth.
You can go out and spend cash on a brush cleaner but why would you want to if you can just make your own for fraction of the price? Here is a very simple cleaning solution!
Keep in mind that vinegar will help kill off the bacteria and prevent mold & the baby shampoo will get your brushes clean and smelling nice (it’s also gentle on sensitive skin)
You will need:
1 cup of warm water
1 tbsp of white vinegar
1 tbsp of baby shampoo
1. In a cup or bowl (I used a mason jar) pour in the cup of warm water
2. Mix in the vinegar & baby shampoo and stir it all together
3. Dip the heads of your brushes in the solution (be careful not to get water in the handle of the brush that holds the head on because mold can grow inside)
4. With your hand swirl the brush around and you should start seeing all the build up makeup running off
5. Using warm water rinse the bristles and reshape them
6. Place clean brushes on a napkin or towel and leave to fully dry before using